No response vs No contact

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mar 4 - 8PM
Deidre99
Deidre99's picture

No response vs No contact

I wanted to share something that one of my friends mentioned to me the other day. I've been out of my narc relationships for a while now, but I remember when NC was hard. The beginning stages are very hard, because you don't know who you are without your narc. That takes time, to learn to love yourself, and then NC gets easier. Having said this, my friend told me there is a difference between no response and no contact. She brought this up because one of our mutual friends broke up with what we have dubbed a narc, and it seems like she is doing a good job 'not responding,' but she hasn't sealed off all avenues of contact. No contact means you don't allow the narc any opportunity to get to you. To speak to you. To FB you. To talk to you. No response means that the narc is still texting you, phoning you, liking things on your FB page, but you are simply not responding. The reason this is crucial is because one day when you are feeling weak, you just might respond. So, try to bring yourself to severing all ties and burning all bridges that lead to your narc. It's a bridge worth burning. ;) Here's to healing.

Mar 5 - 9AM
janice m m
janice m m's picture

I agree!

Mar 8 - 4PM (Reply to #4)
Deidre99
Deidre99's picture

Yes totally agree! The beauty

Mar 5 - 8AM
Used
Used's picture

DD