Leaving a narcissit, and Facebook. What do we do with their family now?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Oct 20 - 10AM
Truthishere
Truthishere's picture

Leaving a narcissit, and Facebook. What do we do with their family now?

I have been on an emotional roller coaster, and feel like I have been in the most horrible nightmare for the past four years. There has been lots of hoovering, discarding, devalution, and confusion. Throughout all this I was married to my narcissit on and off for the past three years. I have recently divorced him as of last week, and I am finally ready to move on with my life permanently. I am taking the most recent discarding as an opportunity to do this. I have taken all measures to make sure that there is no longer any communication between him and I. Over the past four years I became very close to his family, even though they knew he was married and condoned our relationship without me knowing he was married, I still appreciated the fact that they embraced my son who was 4 at the time made me love them. They were supportive thoughout the years, I grew to love them, and his extended family. I am ready to move on now, and I want to free myself and bulletproof my life and my sons life from happening again ever, especially with this person. My question is: How do I handle the people I became close with throughtout the years through him such as his family? Does moving on mean that I need to completely wipe out all traces? My gut says to, but then again I am not sure if this is childish, having to delete people from my social media because of him? Or do I take the risk of him accessing his mother's facebook to see what's going on with my life? Once I do something I stick to it. I just don't want to do something irrational. I mean after all it's only Facebook howver I do know I share lots of personal information on there. Seeking advice. Much love to all the help here.

Oct 20 - 12PM
Goldie
Goldie's picture

An important aspect of recovery is boundaries

Oct 20 - 12PM (Reply to #2)
Truthishere
Truthishere's picture

I needed to hear this, you

Oct 20 - 6PM (Reply to #3)
lessonlearned
lessonlearned's picture

good decision!