Is he a Narc or a normal man behaving badly?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Oct 7 - 11PM
broken23
broken23's picture

Is he a Narc or a normal man behaving badly?

I am second guessing myself and my every move.
I knew this man for 4 years, and we were close friends but we just recently started being intimate the last 6 months or so, and i fell in love with him (or who i thought he is). Unlike many stories, this man never treated me badly....to the contrary he was kind, generous with his money and time, good with my son, loving towards me and my family. I can relate to the mirroring aspect, because i literally felt like he was an extension of me, and my soulmate. Things were perfect. Until...I had a death in the family, a close cousin. The night before the funeral he was no where to be found...he called me from work the next morning and said his phone wasnt working. I am not a idiot so to that i replied "well i guess all the other phones and internet and fb must have not been working either". I was angry and crying and I could not believe that I was even having this argument minutes before a burial. I got off the phone with him, somehow managed at the funeral, got an email with an apology followed by a dissaperance for 4 days! Again on one hand somone was saying sorry i didnt want this to happen, yet was gone for another four days...while I was falling apart, and needed him. At this point something in my gut told me to end it, but when i came back in town, I got a even more absurd story about how he passed out and was in the hospital for the last three days so he hasnt been in touch. Again, im not stupid yet i found it so hard to fathom, a grown 35 year old man, who is highly wealthy and successful would make up such a lie. I even asked a close collegue, who said it was too bizzare to be a lie, so i just let it go. We go back to being normal for about two weeks, being intimate, but me feeling bad on the inside and not expressing it but being somewhat distant and snappy....and then one day he just says he needs time to think about us. When i ask for clarification, if he wants to break up he gives me a vague line like no i just need 48 hours or some shit. A couple days of arguing back and forth where in the morning he starts a fight, by 5 pm hes saying i love you, i just decide i need space so i stop responding to his texts...thinking a few days of silence will help me think. When i go to call four days later, he has disconnected his number and although i could call his work, i am so offended I didnt even bother. I am so confused...i dont understand any of it. What happened. How did it go from perfect to this in 2 weeks. Why did this person change his phone number, i didnt even call him! And i can still call his work line?!? And why has he dissapeared of the face of the earth. Or am i the one who has dissapeared. I have not called or spoken to him in 30 days. Am i supposed to be the one that calls after such disrespect. Is he a narc?

Oct 20 - 8PM
Madea1234
Madea1234's picture

thanks for the post

Oct 8 - 1PM
Hunter
Hunter's picture

Idealize, devalue,discard

Oct 8 - 3PM (Reply to #14)
talktothehand
talktothehand's picture

I could not agree more