What if I was wrong?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Aug 29 - 1AM
sabinemason
sabinemason's picture

What if I was wrong?

I know, I KNOW, I shouldn't look. I don't know why I looked. I've been NC for 9 months and then, I looked. I saw her/his instagram with them happily ever after, doing the things I was told were "stupid." She's adorable and he's wearing a ring even though "I'd never a wear a wedding ring, not even for you."

I know this picture of them on social media is just a facade. I know he made our lives sound amazing when I was THERE and knew the ugly truth. But they're so so happy now. And sure, I'm really very happy that with her, he won't ever come back to haunt me because I know she's the perfect supply: 13 years younger, hotter, empathic, naive. She's making him dinner and raising his kids. It's amazingly perfect.

I think the dark side of me wants to know I wasn't wrong: He really was that horrible. It's been so long since I remembered any of the games and manipulation, seeing our friends who "warned" me of him and how he treated me are liking their new images is rough.

Maybe I was wrong? Maybe he was right? Maybe *I* was the problem?

I know it's not true. But still. It's hard.

Now that I know he is married and moved on, for good, I think it's time to put it all away. The drama, the hate, the worry. Even if he was an asshole to me and is being amazing to her, who cares? In the end, isn't the fact he was an asshole to me enough?

Should be.

Sep 18 - 12AM
Freebirdie (not verified)
Anonymous's picture

instagram = narc heaven

Aug 30 - 7AM
thebigpayback
thebigpayback's picture

please believe me. it's all a

Sep 5 - 3PM (Reply to #8)
sabinemason
sabinemason's picture